tirsdag, oktober 24, 2006

Back again.


Hi everyone! Back again, after a long time. I'll only be showing you stuff today, last week was a holiday for everyone except the Drawing School, so everything was deserted and booring and nothing happened.

So, here, on the right, is my new cap("kasket", på dansk). Before it said "Dr. Pepper" but Artëm changed it into "Dr. Rapper". He made it himself. It's yellow. Not much to be said about it. The "Rapper" part... well. In my first year at the drawing school, Artëm made a portrait of me, where he wrote "to very clever boy peper". So first i suppose it was a joke about that, and then i told him i used to make rap when i was younger, så he changed it while laughing.

And here is my painting of my cap. In yellow. It's actually after a painting of Van Gogh, called "Van Gogh's chair", and this picture will be "Jeppes yellow cap". It's not done yet, but so far very good. What you should notice is the strong contrast between the cold yellow color, and the blue-black background. The darker side of the cap is a little more into ocher(okker) which is a much warmer color. And the green simply goes very well with the yellow.

And this one is a nude study of a man. I only started for 3 hours, and continueing tomorrow. So far, allright, but i need to fix a lot. I was very unfocused last time i worked.
And this, i don't know if i showed it allready. It's of a young model called Nicco we had some time ago. It's actually a very good picture, but i need to correct the leg that is furthest away form us (his left leg) since the color and shape is not good at all. But good besides that.


And this, this is my masterpiece. It's a stilllife/stilleben, almost as tall as me. It's VERY hard, but very rewarding work also, i love working on it. I''ve been dong it a long time now, and it keeps getting harder, but i'm optimistic. Generally, the point was that i should try out different colors of blue at the same picture. Artëm says i'm a colorist, that i see many colors very easy, so i suppose he wanted to test me.

And here, another nude study. very fast done, 6 hours i think, but also, could've been worse, although i would've liked 2-3 more hours on it.











And in the end, one of my own. I don't have a name for it yet, it's still not done. For colors. The red and green go very well togother, and then the yellow and black(hole of the mouth). Here, yellow works as a white, so they are in contrast, and a movement goes from top left corner, down to bottom left corner. The mouth can be seen as a mouth, or as an eye actually.

Thats it for this time guys. On a sidenote, any of the studys here, i used from 6-15 hours so far, and the ones i did on my own, probably 1-4 hours so far.

I'll write again tomorrow to tell about whats actually going on. See you.