lørdag, december 02, 2006

Back from the Westcoast.

Hi guys.
Many things to write about. Yesterday, i came back from a trip to the West Coast of Jylland. Artëms class, and me, and Artëm, went there for 5 days, to join a workshop on grafiks and prints(tryk). The stay was fantastic. I stayed with Artëm and Ellen, in Artëms house, not in the guesthouse, where the class stayed. The place is called Kirsten Kjær Museet, and is a museum about a danish artist named Kristen Kjær. She died, i think mid-late 1900's, at a very old age, and was a pretty good painter. The museum is dedicated to her paintings, and has the most of them, and it's almost hypnotic(hypnotisk) so walk around the museum where the walls are completely covered with paintings of the same artist. A very different way of looking at paintings than usually.
Below are some of the prints we did, although this is probalby only around 1/5 of them.



And this is the workshop, from the outside. I didn't manage to take a picture of the museum, unfortunenately, that will have to wait. The whole thing is located in the middle of nowehere, and in the summer, there are cows and sheeps there. But it's such a nice place.

Lo and behold("Der kan man bare se"), i recieved a pacakge from my mother, and it turned out to be a package se sent me a long time ago (around 2-3 weeks i think), which included my gloves, "huer" and scarfs(halstørklæder), so now i can keep warm in the winter! Strange that it would appear now, i thought it had been stolen, but alas, here it is. Thank you, Post Danmark.

And here is a sketch i did in my sketch book. At the museum there's not much to do(in the sence that there's no TV, no Computergames, and no movies), so i spent all my time either printing, painting pr drawing. This is a drawing made completely from my head, without reference, in 1½-2 hours. Although i corrected a little bit, after i took the picture.

And, well, this is me. I had a terrible accident with some acid there, and now i'm scarred (arred(som i at have fået et ar)) for life. So no laughing when i'll come home!


This week was fantastic. Wednesday Artëm and me left for Viborg for the day, to move all his stuff to his new studio, and we went back to the museum in the night. I've been fed(fodret) very good at the museum this week, 3 meals every day, and desserts in the evening! I was also meditating with Artëm and Ellen one night, and from a recent trip to Amsterdam, Artëm has bought for me a book with the letters of Van Gogh to his brother Theo, which are supposed to be quite fantastic, I only started reading it now.

Well, not more to put down on the West Coast trip, but i'll put something else down.

See you all.